the one that got away



To the only woman I fell in love with;
It’s not a surprise that I am single again, it has been three years since I saw you and not a day passes by that I don’t think of you. I really want to say ‘hi’ because I miss the way you used to hold me tight, bear-like but affectionate, every day I knew I had to dress to impress. I miss your tender indefinably feminine touch, your skin that deflected the rays of the sun through the smooth texture, every beam bounced with a testimony. I miss your wry, goofy giggle that brightened the day, your smile that made me blush and vulnerable, how you controlled it, but still, it was brighter than the sun and stronger than the eclipse. I don’t know how sorry was not good for you to stay.

To the woman I lived to love;
I am sorry that I was blinded by your flaws and I did not see the beauty within. We went through thick and thin, through desperate moments, I was your shine but I thought you were my golden lie. I am so sorry that I drew the line between love and hate and you had a difficult time to decide, that I did not give you a chance to freak me out, that I took you for granted, pulled you down a couple of times, I know you gave me all of you but I only gave you a piece of my mind. Now my moods are all the same, heavy rains, with a cup of coffee and jazz all night.

I do not know if you feel the same, because It gets hard sometimes when I see you happy with someone else and I knew I had to let go of you. You were in deep my skin like the tattoos in beneath, I had you in my heart like religion. I am afraid that one day I will lose it. A nice thick necklace on my neck that will stop all this pain. It sounds so desperate but I struggled to find closure that’s why the last girl went home with a black eye. I hoped that you will come back to remind me of who I was.

I am scared.
                                                                                                                        A letter to her

Comments

  1. It's so deep that I really want to analyze it. So much sad emotion in this one. Good piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some say our future is written in the stars but even the most perfectly set constalations are sometimes misaligned by unprecedented supernova.Deep and touching piece. Makes me wanna cry, makes me lost in your world just thinking of how one word frees us of all the pain and weight of life. Its just so wonderful for someone to experience something like that, something special, and to be able to share it with someone they connect with:-). All said about the silver lining I still have to talk about the abyss. There is a pang of darkness swooping in and out momentarilly, confusion and the need for closure in serenity, like a dark cloud floating over your head. Contact me if you need some help with any piece, I kinda like this writing stuff. Just remember that if we love something we might lose it, or we might let it go. It might be hard to understand, but we believe its for the best. It'll only hurt more if we truly care:-)...I know this is a large comment but I am truly touched and would like to end with the words of Maya Angelou " People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel"... You will always have a place in her even if it might be unspoken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Comment above done by davidzillen254@gmail.com

      Delete
    2. thank you so much, a day at a time for me

      Delete
  3. That's a one fantamagorgeous piece

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a one fantamagorgeous piece

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment