maybe this is not the end



…and before the day bleeds,
I will see Jerusalem,
at the end of the horizon.

I am at home standing at the gate, looking at the empty sky at night thinking that maybe, the stars will shine in the city today.
The night is special, with its own tint of clouds that hugs the sky and for some weird reason, I feel like I want to float over it. For a moment, I feel safe within my soul, it is like I am locked up in oblivion or, the weed is just kicking in. As usual, I am accompanied by my playlist. Some cool contemporary R&Bs to soothe the feeling.

However,
I don’t want to hide the fact that I am scared and tired. We need someone to save us, maybe we need a hero when the asteroid bruises the earth, let it give us a miracle. I don’t want to hide the fact that my panic attacks interfere with the way my spirit moves. Is there a moment, when all this will make sense? when my soul will stop malfunctioning? Or is it time?
Is it time to call it quits because of the corona pandemic that is sweeping humanity? I want to believe that I can see hope in the midst of arrogant people. We have become so numb to the government; we would rather risk it all than listen. Our minds are crowded with worry, and our hands are captivating with the smell of alcohol but at least we prayed for Italy and condemned China.

Therefore…
I want to open my eyes in the morning with a smile that will compliment the sun. if not so, then it is time.
“There is a time for everything,
  and a season for every activity under the heavens”

…I see the dark base on the clouds,
and maybe… the stars will come out and play
just one last time
before the day bleeds.  

Comments