The other way?

 

How does one achieve joy, satisfaction, contentment, and fulfillment? Well, happiness can be derived from different aspect of our elements. When you are living your best life be it academic success or career triumph or even finding comfort in your relationships, it will take you to a certain kind of utopia.

Anne frank, once quoted that we all live with the objective of being happy, our lives are all different and yet the same. Sometimes life becomes a bit too heavy to be happy but hey! Everyone goes through this hard life. The trick has always been how to pick yourself up and draw that one cocky smile and move on with life.



“When will you stop being the patient? You know happiness is a basic sense of satisfaction” I woke up one Sunday morning and got that message from one of my friends. We live in a world full of chaos and that has become part of life. Through the past five years, I have tried to tame the negative thoughts and approach everyday with optimism but to my experience, sometimes it becomes too hard but I had to learn how to challenge and conquer those negative thoughts.

Happiness is underestimated by the modern society and no one is stoical enough to understand happiness. Have I underestimated the power of happiness? Yes. Over the past five years, on the 13th of January, I always penned down in my journal what I think will help me have peace and happiness and three out of the five years, I am proud that it has worked.

However, this year was different after getting that droll kinda message from my friend. I realize that over the five years, I gradually improved my ‘happy’ status but in return I had to work so hard, I expose the vulnerability of my positive psychology thus I was doing all these in vain.

Every person has unique life experiences, and therefore unique experiences of happiness. I believe in having many short term achieved goals to set the pace of us being happy. Developing a habit of setting goals, achieving them and being happy of your worth at the end of the day. Although, we have so many distractions and we are engaged in very many different cultural set ups that can be a hurdle in this journey called life.

I have discovered some of those hurdles and at some point, I had to hit them so hard, hurt myself in the process just to be happy. The problem I have with that process now is that I know how much it hurts, some of the processes required closure and I do not want to be accustomed to that way of life. I am not trying to omit the fact that bad things will happen or the fact that sometimes it gets hard. I am just implying that it’s always good to try new experiences. At least when you fail, you will know you have never tried it.

It is all complicated at some point and it is comprehensible. Trying something new just to be happy can be a hurdle and that is what I am going to try. In the lines of trust and my emotional mix up I only live it to the Lord, He knows.

Therefore, I want to walk this new emotional path in search of happiness. I want to hold my hands so tight and try to talk to God before he starts talking to me.


 at the aisle 

 i am trying to let her go,

she has been there always

but its July and she has to pack,

she has been sitting in the dark for a while,

so sad, so green.

She’s been having thoughts,

thoughts I don’t want her to share with me.

I hope we will all smile,

we have cried, bled

but now, now I want us to be happy

happy alone.  

Comments