Emissary



 

Dear…

I wanted to write you a letter. I know it’s a little silly but I thought I’d try anyway. Lately, I have been dreaming, dreaming of the Friday lights. It hits different on Sundays when I see you. Its like being in a meadow in the middle of spring. Laying soundly on the green limitless verdant grass gazing beyond the nine of clouds too high for my soul. It may sound erroneous but I know you can live without me but lately, I just wish you can play pretend that you can’t, to make oxygen a little bit jealous of us.

I hope to share this undying, burning love with you. For long I have been chasing the wind just adoring what it feels like being in accordance with you. I don’t want to write endless poems or songs of songs instead, I want to pray that I will be able to give you what I can and I can learn from your beautiful yet daring mind.

Its like you came on your own and your own didn't just received you but embraced your warmth. You walked with the light and the darkness had to witness true light. If I did lose my mind then it was when your sundress complemented the sun and your smile went hand in hand with your touch. Sometimes I can't find the words that fill my messy head. You are a work of art and sometimes I can’t help but stare. I know I don’t deserve you but it would be so amazing.

I want to be near you, I want to be with you, I want you to overwhelm me with the sound of your silence, maybe cringe away my thoughts. Hold my hands, I want to go deep to your soul and know how your emotions work when triggered, I want to learn your darkness so that I know how to navigate, over the mountains and valleys, I want to learn how to love you, I want to love God by loving you.

I want to stand by you and listen to your long days and your pain. For you, I will try and drop that tough guy stuff. Bad love hurts but good love did mess my mind now I am eager for your love. I don’t want a never ending life, I just want to be alive when you are here and if we wake up and lose our minds or even our lives then I will be lucky and happy we are friends.









…and if it’s a no, hey! Am a big boy now, a gallon of pistachio and pina colada ice cream plus cheese rings can do the trick, I will be fine.

 

Love, Hugs and Kisses,

 

Bridges Mugala.

 

Comments