Anxiety Sundays


 

Sunday, characterized with a benign nature. A day of rest, coffee and oranges in a sunny chair, and the green freedom of what's left of the city. Upon a rug mingle to dissipate the holy hush that pushes us next to a sanctified place and if you are keen enough, you might end up in His sacred presence.

The previous night was a bit disappointing. Man united had lost, Ronaldo failed to score and the boys were not available for the first FIFA 22 tournament.

I woke up and it was a bit dark, you can tell with the huge street light they installed in the estate. I felt a sudden, strong wind, I didn't close the windows and probably the stray cat entered in my room.

At that moment, I felt alone. I could feel the rate of my heart beat increasing and I was all sweaty. I was trying to get a hold of myself to get the last sip of water from the nightstand. I manage to sit upright to get hold of my breath and to put my affairs in order. Sometimes it gives me sleepless nights and the nightmares.

The weekend was not a good one, like I said, man united lost. Regardless of how, the weekend felt a bit different. One of the mates was in a miserable place and I was having some difficulties in sleeping (Trust me, on a normal day I sleep soundly like a baby), after on long week.

This Sunday was different, so I had to ‘skive’ on church. I went to Amboseli (a fancy word of saying kawangware) to see a friend, Leon. Leon lives with his sister and two cousins. Such energetic and warm hearted people.

It was probably midday and Leon’s sister, Rita came back from church with food. Chicken, fries and burgers with diet coke, Rita barges in the house and you could clearly see it in her eyes. She was sleeping in church. They stayed up the whole night drinking and Rita had to go to church only because of work.

Then we have the industrious Jimmy, final year as a residency. He is quite huge, turned down the opportunity to be a pro athlete for med school. Lastly the frivolous lily, everyone likes lily. She is liberal that she will agree with you only to avoid being in an argument. She also turned down the opportunity to be a pro athlete because of some personal reasons.

Howbeit, once in a while, Jimmy tables a very big amount of money for a very hard challenge. Once he challenged us to hold our breath for 2 minutes 51 seconds. Rita managed it but ended up in the emergency room.

We started at five in the afternoon, so I had to go back home and change. The challenged seemed easy on paper.

“20 KM in 45 minutes if everyone manages, I will give everyone 5Gs if you don’t, you will get eliminated.” Jimmy divulged in a deep voice as he tied his shoelaces.

He actually knew what he was doing. No one got the cash at the end of it after putting us in some game like the Korean hunger games or the squid game. Nonetheless, I felt blessed after that long run. 20 KM in an hour thirty minutes was my tally, same to Rita and Leon, we reached hallway and we made peace with the fact that we are not getting the money. Lily did quite well she was so close, an hour despite the rain.


I am glad I ran the whole 20 km. It’s been like four months since I started working out and there was a different vibe running in the rain with your friends. Undoubtedly, I think I ran until tomorrow and I did get a nasty muscle strain on my left thigh. It’s been a while since I felt aghast and paralyzed.

Sundays should be benign in nature, the sky should be far away from the dirt and if it rains, you better be running with your friends. Sundays should be deeply pious and calm. Sundays should be lovely and affectionate. The day the Lord descends in the holy of holies to make a statement on faith. Sundays are for new-life that’s why it’s the best day to start your week.

 

Comments