Something About Photography

7th student
 "Photography is poetry in images. I trust a few people to take photos of me, not that people can’t, but for me photography is more than just holding a camera and clicking, it’s about the photographer having a connection with the camera and the subject, then, just then click!"
                                                            Jack Molla (7th Student)                    
After high school, I fancied photography as a profession. I viewed photographers as lazy artists. They get to draw their pictures automatic with digital cameras. In spite of that, a picture is worth a thousand words. I always try to bring out a positive vibe from every photo I take. Rhoney Okeyo is one of the best photographers I know. 

Rhoney Okeyo
Through his photos, I can direct my eyes and my heart with precision and honesty, I get to know what I know differently in a better view. As an introvert, photography has enabled me to be able to express certain views gingerly, evaluate it and engage with the emotions of the subject and the photographer.


Collin Tilley, remember the name. He directed the music video Alright by Kendrick Lamar. I always try to draw my inspiration from that music video while doing photography. Photographers have the opportunity to truly see an environment. They must use creativity to capture the scene before them, and make the most out of any situation.

Kendrick Lamar

“The music video ‘Alright’ basically shows the state of everything that’s going on in the world right now. It’s also showing how one man can basically spread positivity through all of the madness that’s going on and how everything is gonna be alright.” Collin told MTV

wide shot from Alright 


I am not really into the game but invariably, I use every photography session as therapy. Therefore, most of the photos I have are still photos. Photojeepers averred that 20 minutes outside has the same effect as an antidepressant. Using the camera to focus on still objects helps focus on the present. I get to de-stress, de-clutter and calm my mind.

On a bad day, photography comes in hand. Channeling my words for an article or a poem becomes easier. It may sound a bit cheesy, but through photography writing becomes easy and it unsheathes a positive vibe on my mental health and happiness.


I remembered you was conflicted
Misusing your influence, sometimes I did the same
Abusing my power full of resentment
Resentment that turned into a deep depression
Found myself screamin' in the hotel room
I didn't wanna self destruct, the evils of Lucy was all around me
So I went runnin' for answers                                     Alright' 

    

 

Comments